Event Calendar
Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar Published Events
Event Details
Food Fight 2016
High School Football Challenge

Friday, September 9, 2016 - Saturday, November 5, 2016

Food Fight is a service learning project (food/ fund drive) where SHFB encourages students to donate non-perishable items to those suffering from hunger. The challenge is set up in a rivalry format, traditionally matched against the biggest football rival. This year there is the option for schools to match up against one another to raise the most meals per student or for a school to try and beat their goal from previous years if the rivalry matchup is not preferred. Along with the physical canned good donations, we will also include the online food drive platform in the challenge allowing students to donate directly online if they choose to do so.

Food Fight will begin in August and run until the first of week of November depending on the week your school chooses to finish the challenge. Each winning school will be presented a plaque and the top three schools of the challenge will receive a can on our donor appreciation wall for their outstanding efforts.

Food Fight provides a tremendous amount of food for those in need of which we could not provide without the challenge. Remember $1= 3 meals $1=3.6 lbs of food.

Thank you to our sponsors, WATE 6 On Your Side and Star 102.1

To participate as a school, please contact Blaire at 865-243-8212 or blaire@secondharvestetn.org

865-243-8212
Calendar: Event Calendar
Category: Fundraising Event
More Information
  Add this single event to my Outlook(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar